Sunday, November 4, 2007

Feeling Blah...

I didn't make the cookies in the picture. My friend Allison did...


We have some bugs going around the area. Luckily, the kids haven't gotten it - BUT - naturally Mommy did. Sore throat, fever, aches and pains. Blah. Antibiotics go a long way in clearing up a slimy throat, but I'm still feeling pretty yucky. Saturday was TONS of fun. Coaching through that crap was pretty nasty...especially since I had some choreography to teach, and coaching is a lot of yelling 8 counts over music. Since we have a competition a week from today, there was no sleeping through that one!

This next competition will be a real eye opener for some of these girls. There will be multiple divisions competing throughout the day - from school programs to recreation leagues to all stars. I'm excited to see a special needs squad on the roster as well. The two squads compete about 3.5 hours apart, so there will be plenty of time for them to soak it all in. I hope that this allows these girls to realize and give thanks for their God given talents.


I have one addition to this post - my husband has by large left me alone this weekend to wallow in my own misery. While this sounds pretty negative - let me explain...


I DID NOT have to:


answer the phone

feed the masses (oh yes he did!)

clean up the kitchen

entertain the kids

referee arguments

feed/walk the dog


Who was that man?!?!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It sounds like competition will be very enjoyable to see all the different levels.

You know I'm jealous. Being sick, and actually being able to try to get better with rest, unbelievable.

Emily Jade said...

yup...nice change of pace :O)