Friday, November 9, 2007

I See You!


While this weird big virus thing is making rounds through the house (OK - so far only Elly has caught it, but I'm out of Lysol), we are preparing for the weekend from Hades. Fun, fun. I don't think that I've swept the living room/dining room floor for a week (it's pergo), my coffee table is running over with school papers, there is still laundry on the love seat, and somewhere in the bathroom is a trash can. All the doorknobs, phones, bedding and towels are disinfected...BUT... Some may cringe, but we are a two man cleaning service upon a six man wrecking crew. Imagine a daycare exploding. Yeah, it's a little like that...
Meanwhile, in Real-Life-Outside-the-House Land; we have tumbling, practice, a competition, a birthday party, and endless preparations for each. I'm still trying to play catch up from being a zombie for 5 days. As I type this, uniforms are in the dryer, clothes are in the washer for all of us, a leftover lasagna awaits for tomorrows dinner in the fridge, clothes are laid out for school and errands Elly and I will run tomorrow are posted on the white board. There are medications to be picked up at the pharmacy, dental floss to find (to sew in hair), an interview (for a friends paper for a class at school), copies to be made for competition information, a "date" to get the gifts shored up for Sunday - and I'm not including for my mother in laws birthday party - mainly because I don't know what I need to do yet!
My point here - if I haven't completely lost it - you will pay if you don't stay on top of your game. Responsibilities peek around all the crap on the floor and say "I see you!" and you are just screwed for your slacking...sick or not. Such is the life of a Mommy...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I couldn't agree more with that theory. You do pay for sick days or busy errand running days. I think your post sums up the after sick days chaos that happens to all mothers.