Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007


Waiting seems to take forever!


Wow. What a crazy last few days!! I'd like to take a "page" from Michelle's blog and post about the things that I am thankful for...



I am thankful for the blessings that happen in my life everyday. Each day brings a new awareness, and a certainty of who I am and where I am going in life.


Manny and Anthony


I am thankful for family and the support and joy that they each bring to my family's life. Without them, days would seem more grey, and life's challenges more impossible.



WE DID IT! They all fit!!


I am thankful for my friends, both near and far. Michelle - I'd like to give most special thanks to you for being my sounding board, my philosophical guru and most days, my salvation from the craziness of my life. You've listened to me for almost 20 years, even at 350 miles apart, and yet you still love me. This is true friendship, indeed. There will always be a special place in my heart and at my table for you and yours!


I am thankful for having the patience to live with all of my children, and yet not one of them has made it into the roasting pan with the turkey!


We celebrated with 22 at our house this Thanksgiving, and wonder of wonders, there was a place for us all! Great food, warm atmosphere despite the snow (oh yes, I said snow!), fantastic conversation and a Malabanan family tradition - music. Seeing most of the cousins together was staggering as they are all now young men and women. Where does time go?

I remember Thanksgivings when I was young spent playing under the dining room table while my hungry tummy rumbled at the scents hovering above me. I remember the table linens and place settings arranged just so, and all of the beautiful desserts on the table frustratingly protected from little fingers by saran wrap. Not even a smidgen of pre-tasting was going to happen on that table! When did I graduate into the hostess? How can this whirlwind of activity be MY responsibility...

Looking back at the faces chatting and plates heaped with food; I can sit back proudly this evening, enjoy the memories of a wonderful Thanksgiving shared with family and friends and reap the whirlwind - and be thankful that I have taken my place in the generations.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How sweet. Thank you for the kind words they mean so much to me. I can't believe you had so many people, and fit them all at the table done up so nicely. You're right it's taking your place in the generations, and what an honor it is.

Wendy said...

It sounds like everyone had a great time! Wow, 22 people, that's alot. How do the little ones do with that many people?