Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Ice Day...

Today, there was no school on account of the ice storm that hit us last night. There was already ice on the branches, but we did get some new accumulation. The kids were happy about having the day off...not so happy about not being able to go out to play. It wasn't raining...it wasn't sleeting...it wasn't snowing. It was "slushing". Weird day here in Illinois! I was pretty excited that it wasn't as bad as was predicted! I guess we're in for more tonight, so here's hoping that the roads are clear, the buses are running...and Mommy gets to keep her sanity!!

Some positive notes from my day:
1. Melyssa got to work on the sax, logging about 2 hours today! She's sounding great!
2. Evan went to play at the neighbors house for quite a while, allowing me to clean up a little!!
3. I found out that Elly is showing some great strides in writing her ABC's!
4. Gooti slides like the rest of us humans...for the first time in 5 years, I didn't have to go "dog skiing"!!
5. I got some great artsy shots of the trees and bushes out front!

Pretty ice on the bushes out front!!




Gooti is longer than I thought! FYI - those are not her ribs showing. This is part of her brindle pattern. Weird, I know!

No comments: