Thursday, December 20, 2007

13 Candles...

Happy 13th Birthday Allyson!




Pretty candles on her My Little Pony b-day cake...



Basking in the glow of 13 candles!


Wow, 13 already. Seems like just yesterday. Eighteen hours of labor - sheer panic. I did not know Allyson would be a girl prior to her arrival. SURPRISE. What a surprise she was. A Christmas time blessing. Allyson was born an "old soul", her big eyes taking in the world and seemingly understanding. How perfectly normal it was for her to play alone for hours, entertaining herself within her mind. Now she is a high maintenance teenager. My head whirls...

I do need to say; however, that the bond formed between Allyson and Madeline at birth has stayed strong - even though "Chico and Casper" only see each other once a year. It's so cute to see the impish gleam in their eyes when they get together...the 2-2-2 team goes unbroken!! I wish that I had a scanner (Michelle - sorry!) to post the little naked babies on here!! For any of my family who would like to see those two together, Michelle has some awesome pictures on her blog! Thanks Chelle!!

This year, Allyson picked out her birthday cake - My Little Pony, AND got totally punked on her birthday present!! We told her that there was no way she was getting an iPod Shuffle. Naturally we already had bought it (purple, in case you were wondering Chelle), and Manny stayed up really late one night to load all of her favorite songs on it. When she opened it, her expression was priceless...and when she figured out how to use it AND hear her favorite songs on there - that was TOO funny. Sorry I didn't get the true pic of that one...but there are some moments I don't want to view from the lens.

We had a great night with just us chickens (the usual way we celebrate birthdays)...and before midnight I'm trying to fire off this post...SO...



I'm making a dorky face, even though my parents bought me AE clogs, and my Grandma bought me an outfit from Hollister!



What can this be? My hearts desire?!?



Hmmm...how does this operate?




Allyson's imitation of the iPod people!



HEY!! SOUND!!



Happy 13th Birthday, baby girl. I hope all of your wishes come true...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Happy Birthday Allyson Paige!!! Maddie got up yesterday morning and sang Happy Birthday to Allyson while she was getting ready. It seems like only yesterday these two were born.

Wendy said...

What a sweet post! It got me a little misty eyed at the end (I don't know why, I've been a little emotional lately). Happy Birthday Allyson!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Allyson! It's so hard to believe that they're thirteen already, makes me feel old (just kidding, well kinda...they do make me feel a little bit old)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Pretty Woman! May you always stay just as wonderful and full of joy as you are right now - I'm very proud of you and love you more than you know!!!
Gooma