Tuesday, October 9, 2007

They went BACK to school!!!!!!!!


Jillyan workin' that full layout!!

After missing some tumbling classes, our neighbor and friend came out front to WORK Jilly out for a while. After about an hour and a half of continuous tumbling, she was pretty wiped out. For those who think that tumbling is easy, I can give you some statistics:
1 - It takes about 40 hours to learn a basic tumbling skill CORRECTLY.
2 - It takes about 80 hours to learn any hands free tumbling.
These hours also include conditioning and strength training. This is a pic of Jillyan working a round off/full layout. This is in hopes that she can throw a pass of round off/flip flop/ full layout (her latest tumbling goal). For whatever reason, Jillyan seems to be better at throwing a full layout than a back tuck (the easier of the two), and can do it on the air track in the gym...but she's DYING to do it on the floor. She wanted to keep working, but it was dark when we finally called it a night!
The next day, I could hear her climbing up the stairs saying "Ow, crap! Ow, crap!" with each step. I couldn't correct the language...I was too proud of her for working towards her goal! If I ever need a dose of dedication, I can look at Silly Jilly and get OD'd!!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dedication, determination I'm so proud of Jilly going after what she wants.