Sunday, October 28, 2007

The box always seems to be more fun...
















This year for my birthday, my Grandmother bought me a roasting pan. To make things easier during the massive cooking and canning projects that I embark upon, this massive electric roaster has already come in handy! This weekend was apple butter time at our house (late, I am aware), any the kids were all involved in the preparation and making of this treat! Evan stayed well preoccupied with the box...which while big, it still surprised us all that he was able to fit entirely inside the box - flaps closed! There was even still some packing material left inside! If you look closely at the above picture, you can see some little fingers waggling through the crack in the flaps...




1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am always amazed at the joy a box can bring to children. A box can still occupy my children for hours.

I am so glad to see you finally got the roaster. I know how important that was. We were just talking about apple butter this weekend. I haven't had any since I was about 5 or 6. It's funny though how you remember certain things from your childhood, and it doesn't leave you.