Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Fall color is on the way...


I have to give Kudos to Allyson for taking this shot. She is getting interested in photography as a career, and we think that she is developing a good eye. This is one of the few trees that have already started changing in our neighborhood.
I have to state first that I LOVE FALL!! I love it for the crispness in the air, the smell of fires, the lengthening night. I love the contrast of colors in a forest, the brilliance of change. Fall sports at their best, after sweating buckets to prepare all summer long. I love the decorations reminding us of a bountiful harvest - even if we work in a home or behind a desk...
Fall signifies the honoring of family through Thanksgiving - and I'm a sucker for traditions. I love the continuity of them, the bringing together of family and customs. The remembrance of Thanksgivings past and the beloved that are no longer at the table but among in spirit. The bright promise of Christmas...
I am taking this moment to savor this month and the significance of the season that is upon us before I am thrown into the throes of October. October is NUTS at Casa Malabanan. There are three birthdays in our household alone, and our anniversary. Family wide, there are about 12 celebrants. Yes, that is twelve. Not a typo. Yikes...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this post!! You have really captured fall. Not to mention it is YOUR birthday month...33 beautiful years. I swear our girls can be miles apart, not talk to each other but I will always believe their is a connection between Allyson & Madeline. Maddie is been doing some photos herself lately.

Wendy said...

I totally agree that Fall is the absolute best time of year - for all the reasons you already said. Lots of good times, family, change...great time of year!