Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Real Deal


Since I've gotten some comments about Jillyan, I'd like introduce you to the "real" Jillyan...
Jillyan is 9 and this is her 4th year in cheerleading. She has cheered year round for the last three. If there is something that she needs to work on - she works on it. End of story. Some may say that she cheers to be with me - but this sport is in her blood. Jillyan is a 4th generation cheerleader, and I'm proud to say that the talent is strong with her. With this sport evolving to be more athletic, Jillyan has taken it on herself to better HER athleticism. She is inspiring to watch as a parent - and as her coach. Jilly has already made plans to cheer in college, and has already asked to start visiting colleges where cheerleading is available and competitive. Again, she is 9.
I'd love to tell you that this is an artsy shot that I took in out front yard - but the truth is she finally talked me into going outside to critique her tumbling passes. In this shot, she's getting up from stretching...and to add a little fat to the fire, her shirt really says CKB (cheerleaders kick butt). With Jillyan - Cheerleading isn't just a sport, it's her life!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

She seems to stay focused on cheerleading, and really has a passion for it.

Danielle said...

I love the intense look! You go girl! (I'm giving her spirit fingers right now...virtually...do they still do that???)

Emily Jade said...

Spirit fingers all the way!! It's still part of the gig :O)