Sunday, September 23, 2007

First Competition of the season...

Well - it's over. Our season has kicked off to some excitement, some disappointment, and overall excitement. I know it's blurry, but here is Jilly's 1st hands-free Chinny (for Purple). The flexibility and control that this takes is pretty amazing for Jilly to execute. Now - if she could just get her actual chin DOWN!!



Allyson was unable to compete, throwing her squad off at the last minute. Having a cast on your arm really tends to limit what one can do - and basing was entirely out. She's usually on our Silver Squad - competing as a Junior Level 2.






The Purple Squad placed 3rd in their division, the Silver Squad placed a heartbreaking 4th. Wednesday's practice will be TONS of FUN!!!



Jillyan pulled double duty, competing on both the Purple Squad (Youth Level 1), and the Silver squad. This means two routines, and double the work! I thought that she did a great job for competing twice in one day, and did an awesome job remembering which routine was which (for the most part)! It was a long day for little Jilly...

Trying to stay hydrated between performances...


A little disappointed spirit...yep - that's a 4th on that trophy...


Wishing for luck!



Jillyans 1st Full Extension Lib - the Lib is too loose...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been waiting for you to post all weekend. I figured there was a cheerleading competition I was forgetting. I feel bad for Allyson. I feel worse for Jilly. Poor little Jilly what a trooper. The chinny is priceless and to think that she is only 9. I wish I had some kind of flexibility left even at my prime I would have never been able to pull that off. Way to go Jilly!!!

Danielle said...

Jillyan is ADORABLE! This brings back such memories..kinda..and not all good. :) I'm sure you remember...you were there!

A Chinny must be new, I don't remember those. But it looks much past the skill level I was ever at!

Wendy said...

Absolutely too cute! You should be really proud of yourself, Emily. Coaching is not easy and your girls look pretty amazing!