Sunday, September 9, 2007

Be careful what you wish for...

For those unaware, we are now seriously on the hunt for a real house. Intrepid hunters that we are, one smacked us in the face.

Now, this house is a wee bit out of current price range, and we'll probably never sell our townhouse - but all signs are pointing in a favorable direction. Included in this colonial style house is 4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths with a master-lux bath (Jacuzzi tub - anyone?), a two story formal living room, formal dining room, a family room with fireplace, stainless appliances and corrian counter tops in bowed out eat-in kitchen with bar, ceramic tile, and endless upgrades. Beautiful landscaped property on a cul-de-sac with a fenced in backyard big enough for a pool, trampoline, garden, etc. All new carpet and professional painting done. Did I mention that it's across the street? We could literally move with the Radio Flyer, and the kids wouldn't even change their BUS. Needless to say, I have turned into the whiny child - BUT I WANT IT!!!!!

Now, we were pointed at this house about a week ago, and with living slightly above our means (meaning we have a roof), the prospect of me working full time has - let's say - "come up". (It ain't easy living with an accountant!) Excited that we may be able to get the house, I start dreaming of where to put furniture, and who gets what bedroom...all the stuff you do when faced with a potential move. I'm doing all this by pictures, fruitcake that I am.

The full time job thing is something that I have been avoiding going back to, alas to get this house...well, you get the idea. Job hunting has been sporadic at best (like anyone calls you because you type monster.com in your browser), but I'd like to tell you tale...

Like all good little girls, the first thing I do is call my Mommy. I decide to manifest a positive approach to us getting this house. I told her that I wasn't asking for someone to hand me $50K for a down payment (just to help out, see...), I just wanted things to "click". For us to do this on our own as this will be THE house that we retire in, and the kids all come back to for holidays (quit laughing Chelle). She told me that she would put it on the prayer chain at church. This was Monday.

Friday afternoon, Chelle and I were having a good money woes chat (between call waiting and cell phones ringing), when we were interrupted by the school calling me for something (money). While waiting for the phones to calm down so we could really get into the job hunt bashing we were both SO enjoying, I looked up a job online. While it didn't list the hours, I was interested. Same job I had in Ohio, same industry, same everything.

When I called to inquire about the hours, I accidentally got "hired". Click.

Our mortgage broker called Saturday to discuss what we need to do to get the house. Click.

We see the house in person at 11am on Sunday. Click.

I am freaking out at this point, as I am a planner and things MUST be done on schedule. So I am manifesting that my salary will be wonderful, day care will fall into place, the house will fall into our laps, and we will live comfortably within our means in a beautiful new house. Wish me luck...

1 comment:

Wendy said...

The house sounds great Em! I hope everything works out for you. Good Luck!